Everyone is in need of success and goodness. Du’a (supplication) is the essence of worship, the light of the heavens and the earth. It opens the doors of mercy and is a means to fulfill our needs from the treasures of our Creator and Sustainer.
I begin in the name of Allah Who is extremely Beneficent, most Merciful
1. O my Sustainer! Help me and do not help anyone against me. Grant me victory and do not give anyone victory over me. Devise plans in my favor and do not allow the plans of anyone to work against me [to my detriment]. Guide me and make guidance easy for me. Help me against those who oppress me. O my Sustainer! Make me such that I remember You abundantly, that I am ever grateful to You, that I am ever fearful of You, that I am ever submissive to You, that I am ever obedient to You, that I find solace from You alone, that I turn my attention to You alone, and that I turn to You alone.
2. O my Sustainer! Accept my repentance, wash off my sins, accept my supplication, uphold my proof, make my tongue speak the truth, give guidance to my heart, and remove malice from within my chest.
3. O Allah! Forgive us, have mercy on us, be pleased with us, admit us into Paradise, save us from the fire, and set right all our affairs.
4. O Allah! Create love among our hearts, set right our mutual relations, show us the paths of peace, remove us from darkness and [take us] towards light, keep us away from all shameful deeds, be they external or internal, give us blessings in our ears, our eyes, our hearts, our spouses, our progeny, accept our repentance for surely You alone are the acceptor of repentance, the merciful; make us grateful for Your favors [Upon us], make us praise You for Your favors and complete them upon us.
5. O Allah! I ask You for steadfastness in matters of religion. I ask You for the highest standard of integrity. I ask You for gratitude over Your favors [to me] and excellence in worshipping You. I ask You for an honest tongue, a sound heart and upright character. I ask You for the good which You have knowledge of and I seek Your forgiveness from the sins which You have knowledge of, for surely You alone have knowledge of unseen things.
6. O Allah! Forgive me for all that I did in the beginning and all that I did at the end, all that I did in secrecy and all that I did in the open, and [forgive me] for all that You are more aware of than myself.
7. O Allah! Give us such portion of Your fear whereby it would come as a barrier between us and sinning against You. Give us such a portion of Your obedience whereby You could convey us into Your Paradise Give us such a portion of conviction with which You could make insignificant for us the calamities of this world. Let us enjoy the benefits of our ears, eyes and strength as long as You keep us alive and continue their goodness after our death. Take revenge from those who oppress us and help us against those who are our enemies. Do not let our religion be cumbersome to us. Do not make the world our main object, nor the extent of our knowledge, nor the limit of our desire. And do not give authority over us to him who would not show mercy to us.
8. O Allah! Give us more [of your bounties] and do not decrease them, give us [abundance] and do not deprive us, keep us elevated and do not elevate others over us, and please us and be pleased with us.
9. O Allah! Inspire my heart with all that is good for me.
10. O Allah protect me from the evil of myself and give me courage in setting right my affairs.
11. I ask Allah for peace in this world and in the hereafter.
12. O Allah! I ask You the ability to do good deeds and to abandon evil deeds. [I ask You] love for the poor and that You forgive me and have mercy on me. If You decide to send a calamity to a certain people, cause me to die before I fall into that calamity.
I ask You for Your love, the love of the person who loves You, and the love of that deed which would draw me closer to Your love.
13. O Allah! Make Your love more beloved to me than myself, my family, and more beloved than cold water [on a hot day].
14. O Allah! Grant me your love and the love of that person whose love will benefit me by you.
O Allah! Just as you bestowed me with that which I love, make it a source of help to me in fulfilling all that which you love. O Allah! Whatever you kept away from me of the things which I love [but were to my detriment], make them a source of freedom for me so that I may be able to fulfill all that which you love.
15. O the transformer of the hearts! keep my heart steadfast on your religion.
16. O Allah! I ask you for Emaan which does not change, bounties which do not end, and the company of our prophet Muhammad (SAW*) in the highest stages of Paradise, i.e. jannatul khuld(the Paradise of eternity).
17. O Allah! I ask You for good health accompanied with Emaan, Emaan accompanied with good character, success which is followed by prosperity and mercy, peace, forgiveness and pleasure from You.
18. O Allah! Let me derive benefit from the knowledge which You bestowed upon me, and bestow such knowledge upon me which would be beneficial to me.
19. O Allah! By virtue of Your knowing the unseen and Your power over the creation, keep me alive as long as You know that life is better for me, and cause me to die once You know that death is better for me. I ask You for Your fear when I am concealed [from everyone], and sincerity in prosperity and adversity. I ask You for bounties which do not end and coolness of eyes which does not end. I ask You for submission to Your decree, a pleasurable life after death, the joy of looking at Your countenance, and the desire of meeting You. I seek refuge with You from the harm of harmful things and from a tribulation which causes one to go astray. O Allah! Embellish us with beauty of Emaan and make us guides who are themselves guided.
20. O Allah! I ask You for good -all of it- in the present and in the future that which I know of and that which I do not know of.
21. O Allah! I ask You for all the good Which Your servant and Prophet (*peace be upon him) had asked for. O Allah! I ask You for Paradise and all that would draw closer to it be it by the word or deed. I ask that all which You have decided for me to my betterment.
22. I ask You that whatever matter You have decided for me, the outcome of it should be good.
23. O Allah! Make the outcome of all our affairs good and protect us from the disgrace of this world and the punishment of the hereafter.
24. O Allah! Safeguard me with Islam while I am standing. Safeguard me with Islam while I am sitting. Safeguard me with Islam while I am lying down. Do not give an enemy or an enviousperson the cause to take malicious pleasure in any mishap which befalls on me.
O Allah! I ask You for all the good, the treasures of which are in Your hands.
25. I ask You for all the good which is in Your hands.
26. O Allah! Do not leave any sin of ours without having forgiven it, nor any worry without having removed it, nor any debt without having fulfilled it, nor any needs of this world and the hereafter without having fulfilled them, O the most Merciful of the mercifuls.
27. O Allah! Assist us in Your remembrance, in expressing gratitude to You and in worshipping You in a most beautiful manner.
28. O Allah! Grant me contentment over that which You have provided me and give me blessings (barakah) in it. [O Allah!] oversee, in the best manner, every single thing which is concealed from me.
29. O Allah! I ask You for a pure life, a peaceful death, and a passing away which is neither disgraceful not dishonorable.
30. O Allah! I am weak. Give strength, then, to my weakness by Your pleasure and take me, by my forelock, towards good and make Islam the limit of my desire. I am disgraced, so give me honor. I am poor, so give me sustenance.
31. O Allah! I ask You for the best questioning, the best dua, the best success, the best action, the best reward, the best life and the best death. [O Allah!] keep me steadfast, make heavy my scales [wherein my deeds will be weighed], raise my Emaan, raise my rank, and accept my salah. I ask You for the elevated stages in Paradise. Aameen. O Allah! I ask You for the initial portion of all good, the ending of it, the most comprehensive of it, the first of it, the last of it, the outward of it and the essence of it.
O Allah! I ask You for the best which I will do, the best which I do, the best of what I practice, the best of what is concealed and the best of what is exposed.
32. O Allah! Make the most expansive of Your sustenance upon me be at the time of my old age and when my life is beginning to leave me.
33. Make the best of my life the end of it, the best of my actions the last of them, the best of my days the day in which I meet You.
34. O the protector of Islam and its people! Keep me steadfast through Islam until I meet You.
35. I ask You for self-sufficiency and the sufficiency of my associates.
O Allah! I seek refuge in You from an ill-fated age and from the trials of the chest. I seek refuge in Your honor –there is none worthy of worship but You that You lead me astray, and [I seek refuge in You] from adverse calamities, the attainment of misfortune, an evil decree, the malice of enemies, from the evil which I committed and the evil which I did not commit, from the evil which I am aware of and from the evil which I am unaware of. [I seek refuge in You] from the cessation of Your bounties, the turning away of Your peace, Your sudden punishment, and all that which would warrant Your wrath. [I seek refuge in You] from the evil of my hearing, from the evil of my eyesight, from the evil of my tongue, from the evil of my heart, from the evil of my semen. [I seek refuge in You] from poverty, and that I oppress or am oppressed, from something falling upon me [and thereby crushing me], from falling upon something [ and thereby crushing myself]. [I seek refuge in You] from drowning, getting burnt, from Shaitan (devil) confusing me at the time of death, that I die in your path whilst fleeing, and that I die from being stung by a poisonous creature. Aameen!
*Munajat-e-Maqbul (accepted supplications) is a set of comprehensive Du’as, compiled by Shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanwi (Rahmatullahi Alayh) in 1354 A.H. This is part-2 of the translation by Shaykh Muhammed Mahomedy, Maseehullah Institute, South Africa. For references from Hadith, the scholarly readers are requested to refer to the printed book.
*SAW: Sallallahu `alaihi wasallam, salutation for Prophet Muhammad (Rasulullah)